Physiognomy and facial expression includes all the features of each particular human face.
Although the study of physiognomy is not part of a separate science of biology or psychology, people have been and are preoccupied to distinguish and interpret people’s faces, facial expressions and micro expressions.
The best way to learn face reading is to first learn how to recognize the different facial features and then learn how to relate them to their corresponding personality traits.
For the start I recommend you analyzing your personal traits such as:
– Your forehead type and size, occurring wrinkles and their alignment
– Eyebrows and eyes color, size, distance between them and shape
– Nose shape and length
– Mouth, lips and chin, shape and size
– Ears, hair and face shape
Surprisingly, many people may not know the answer to many of these questions, that’s why it’s very important to learn how to recognize these facial features in order to master the science of face reading.People usually become very enthusiastic about learning face reading and thus skip this step, however, it’s a strongly recommended step if you want to become a good face reader.
Below I will share those distinct areas of physiognomy.
Round Face: They are known as water-shaped faced people. They have plump and fleshy face. They are known to be sensitive and caring. They are thought to have strong sexual fantasies. If you are looking forward for a long-term, stable relationship, these people will prove to be the right choice.
Oblong Face: The long, thin face is called the wood-shape face. These people may have a muscular or athletic physique. They are thought to be practical, methodical and tend to be a tad more overworked. They are weighed along with narcissism and may have problematic relationships.
Triangular Face: These face types are usually related to a thin body and intellectual persuasion. They are considered to be creative and thought to have a fiery temperament according to the Chinese face readers.
Square: They are known as the metal shape face. These people are thought to have an intelligent, analytical and decisive mind. The face shape is associated with an aggressive and dominating nature.
Rectangular Face: signals some variety: they tend to dominate but with less force, often they get their way in politics, business, sports, being always balanced, sometimes ambitious, sometimes melancholic.
Oval: expresses a character somewhat balanced, sweet, charming even, in which case those individuals are often best diplomats, but also able to duplicate, women are often best artists. Sometimes they can be dangerous, but temperamentally are weak, often they are weaker in physical strength, sometimes underactive.
Blonde hair is showing physical weakness and indifference.They may seem impressionable and easy but in reality, they have the strongest consciousness, a great memory, this hair color reflects youthfulness, obedience and naivete.
Black hair without curls shows a person that is melancholic and looks calm. She is pessimistic and transmits her dark ideas all around. Curly hair shows joy and affection.
Brown hair looks susceptibility and a romantic character, love of travel and adventure, these people have a strong character, and liberal ideas often they are indifferent.
Dark brown silky hair shows a preatty and attractive nature, with a power of seduction. These people are sensible, love the company they are with, are proud and confident.
Brown hair, coarse, show an independent nature, not very sensitive, indifferent. They are responsible (good financial handling), reliable and usually more harworking than others.
Dark red hair, they definitely look courageously and often dark red-haired people are quarrelsome, skeptical and angry. They possess great physical energy and an almost brutal force.
Bright red hair looks intelligent, sensitive, lucid spirit. If the hair is silky, it shows a loving nature , lively and passionate. If the skin is white it shows imagination, poetic character, romantic, art and music lover.
Pale red hair looks stylish but they have a lack of firmness.
Man with a hairy figure is sentimental, he has strength, energy, power and love sports and exercises outdoor. Man with no hair is a cunning man, diplomat, clever, he has tact in business, intelligent, his spirit is dominating the field.
Small ears show honor, manners and affection. As earlobe is thicker, the force of lived feelings is increased. Ears too small show shyness and reserve, and if the ears are long and narrow, these qualities increase. Medium ears show energy and determination.
Big ears with thick earlobe show rudeness and materialism. Distanced ears are showing cruelty destruction desire. Vertical ears show strength, courage, energy, power.
Normal ears are those that do not pass the height above or below the eyebrows and nose. Those whose ears get over the eyebrows appear to have an angry character, vindictive and even have criminal tendencies.
Ears with detached earlobes from the head show generosity and free spirit. Contrarian to these qualities is shown by earlobes closed to the head. A large distance between the eyes and ears show intellectual capacity and talent.
A high brow reveal aptitude for study. These people are very diligent and trained. They reach success.
A low and wide forehead shows a intuitive nature, endowed with natural skill and imagination. These people have a lot of spontaneity and often by their spirit will shine. They are more interested on impressions than the knowledge gained through study.
A little wide and high forehead well shaped eyebrows is the most desirable. It denotes prospect of permanent success.
A square forehead shows honesty, sincerity. Straight eyebrows increase these qualities. Loosing forehead shows lack of intelligence.
Forehead with deep lines (wrinkles) it reveals those who indulge in contemplation and research. Head without lines show cold, selfishness, lack of empathy and sarcasm. Vertical lines (wrinkles) between the eyes shows the power of concentration.
- Curved Eyebrows: Your mental focus is people-oriented. You connect & relate to the world best through your understanding of people. Sometimes you can understand an idea or theory better if it is explained to you in terms of a personal example or experience. It is best not to burden you with too much technical detail without showing you the real-world application (usefulness).
- Straight Eyebrows: Your approach is direct and factual, and you want the technical details. You appreciate logic, and you will need to be shown all the facts and available data before accepting something as true. You mentally evaluate the hard facts without letting emotion effect your judgement.
- Angled Eyebrows: If is important for you to stay mentally in control of any situation in which you find yourself. Gregarious and expansive, you may have good leadership qualities because few people will challenge your authority. You like to be right and usually are, having conscientiously “done your homework.” You stay mentally focused.
- High Eyebrows: You are discerning, selective, and discriminating. You need time to observe and work out ideas completely before acting. You protect yourself with a wait-and-see approach. You need time to put new information for you to understand how you feel about the subject and how the parts relate to the whole. You store information with an emotional tab; by recalling the feeling, you can often recall the event with surprising clarity. You detest being put on the spot to make a snap assessment or to make a decision about something new before you have had time to reflect on it and understand it.
- Low Eyebrows: You are expressive, quick to take action and you process information quickly. You want to get the job done and do it now. You may have a tendency to interrupt others when they seem too slow to speak because you can often anticipate what they are going to say before they have finished saying it. You are initially optimistic but may become antagonistic if criticized. Your challenge is to develop more patience with others who don’t have your gift of mental quickness.
- Bushy: You are a mentally active person, full of thoughts and ideas. Bushy eyebrows can indicate a powerful intellect. You are a non-stop thinker.
- Thin (like a pencil line): You are single-minded, focusing on one thing at a time. Your challenge is being overly sensitive to how you imagine others see you. You probably think they are more critical than they really are. You sometimes feel overly self-conscious.
- Winged (thick at beginning, becoming thinner at ends): You need to be on the planning committee! You love coming up with big, new ideas. Your visionary approach allows you to create exciting new plans, but your challenge is with follow-through. Delegate details to someone else to free yourself up to focus on your grand vision.
- Even (same thickness throughout length): Your thoughts flow smoothly, evenly and you easily grasp whole concepts. Your challenge is developing a tolerance for other people’s difficulty with detail. By your mental standards, the rest of the world may seem slow or even unable to fully comprehend ideas.
- Managerial (thin at beginning, thicker at outer edges): You may be slow to start something new, but once a task is accepted, you have great follow-through. Mentally tidy, well-organized, and methodical, you do well in any roles that requires attention to detail and completion. You dot all the i’s and cross all the t’s
- Continuous/Uni-brow: Your thoughts are continuous and restless. Your challenge is to learn to mentally rest and relax. If you have a problem, you may have trouble sleeping because you can’t stop thinking. Meditation helps.
- Tangled hairs (eyebrow hairs tangle): Your wild eyebrows signal that you are an unconventional thinker whose thoughts range over many areas, This gives you the ability to see all sides of an issue, and you may enjoy playing devil’s advocate to discover hidden truths. Your unusual mind may also attract unwanted conflict. If you’re getting more conflict than you want, try combing your eyebrows!
- Access hairs (hairs growing straight up at beginning): You have a strong connection between your inner feelings and your logical thinking. You have an ability to be aware of potential problems immediately. Access hairs on the right side indicate that you spot problems in business and the public area. On the left side, they indicate you anticipate (expect/predict) potential problems in relationships.
- Scattered hairs (single hairs outside of eyebrows): Your focus is wide ranging. You have a curious mind and are mentally drawn to many different topics. Each individual hair could almost be read as a separate mental interest. Your challenge is remaining focused on a single topic.
- Chameleon (nearly invisible eyebrows): Your eyebrows do not give you away. Others may think you are just like them, whether you are not. You can blend into almost any group and you may be a talented negotiator because you can extract more information than you reveal.
SOURCE: “Amazing Face Reading” By Mac Fuller, J.D.
Brown eyes – Brown eyes are all about the Earth qualities of a person, including energy, fertility, endurance, creativity, lots of courage, and of course, grounding. And they are not much interested in material gains. They love nature, are spiritual and are very strong and even thick headed at times, very independent.
Black eyes – Oh mystery, sex, witchcraft, secrets, darkness (vampires anyone?). If you’ve read any romances and especially paranormal romances, you’ll notice that all the heroes (and romantic vampires) have black eyes. They are all mysterious and all the attributes listed above can be easily given to each and one of them. They never tell much about themselves and they also are known to have psychic powers.
Hazel eyes – They are again independent and courageous. They are extremely sensible and they are said to be empaths.
Blue eyes – Blue speaks about clairvoyant abilities (didn’t we just say the black eyes are the psychic ones?), and can see the future and the past like Nostradamus or Edgar Caycee. They are also very observant of their surroundings. Blue speaks of the energy of the sky and water (BIG surprise there!)
Green eyes – Would you be surprised if I told you that green eyes are all about the nature, healthy living, freshness? These people of all types are compassionate and they are spiritual in nature. They are our healers.
Gray eyes – These folks are also sensitive and have an inner strength that not many others possess. They have a deep wisdom and can change their mood to suit the current occasion.
Eyes that change colors and shades, show imagination and levity in feelings, but honesty in business. Character of these people is lively and courageous.
Large round eyes show those who are mainly interested in the opposite sex. They are intelligent, impulsive, imaginative and affectionate. If it is a big space between the eyes, they are honest, innocent and simple. Closed eyes shows the ability to focus, restlessness and a pleasure for changing things.
Small eyes are of observers, mischievous and cunning. These people seek to take advantage of the smallest thing.
Closed eyes reveals aptitude for foreign languages learning and a good memory, if the eyes are distanced they show stupidity.
Eyelids covering eyes shows larger sensuality, increasing if that person has rough blacck hair.
A perfect nose is one whose length is equal to the width of the forehead, and at the end has a width equal to the length of the eye.
Aquiline nose reveals a commanding power, determination and pride. If the nose is narrow it loses these qualities and replace them with a tyrannical character.
Straight well-formed nose shows patience, kindness, balance, elegance and power to endure, fascination but also cold and indifference, liberal ideas in relation to moral and social conventions.
Aquiline nose with the tip bent down, showing a melancholy nature, yet proud and bold. These people will never be funny, but will have a regular sarcasm.
Straight nose with the tip bent down, shows a more melancholic nature, but less envious and more lenient than those with curved nose.
Nose pointing up high and slightly curved in, show enthusiasm, skill. These people reach their goals through their cheerful and stylish manner. You can not be mad on them for too long. They laugh in defense and they’ll implement their plan despite any obstacles.
Snub nose show a tendency to dominance, lack of elegance and behaviour in life, but it can be accompanied by a literary and poetic power.
A curved nose reveals sharpness and very little curiosity, quarrelsome. If the person has thin lips and mouth with bent edges shows gossipy.
Meaty / fleshy – special sensitivity, suitable for artistic interes.
Weak and narrow – shows a guy who may have concerns or mystery that wishes to hide.
Too round and full – spiritual innocence, some softness, lack for action.
Sunken – irritable type, melancholic, most often sick.
Very smooth carefree because it has a lack of responsibility.
Slightly wavy – reveals the experienced man that doesn’t refuse any new experiences.
Furrow – inclination to rustic life, unpretentious, feels happy while working but he’s not making excess work.
Raised to eye – generous, kind-heart, compassionate, ready to share tears with anyone’s pain, easily impressionable.
Thick lips show available pleasures, if the lower lip is slightly thicker that person loves to be well received, loving character but undecided. If it also has a split chin it reveals laziness and selfishness.
Pursed lips show courage and decisive character. Small lips reveals sometimes a cold and cruel nature.
Pale tight lips accompanied by a square jaw shows avarice, dirt, cruelty, brutality, selfishness, someone with whom we can’t be proud than in business.
When upper lip covers part of the lower lip reveals good character, loving person, love for pleasure and entertainment – if lips are thin, a little generosity and more selfishness.
Heart shaped lips shows independence and confidence, seductive and sensual, the need for love and kindness is also important for these persons.
Lower lip pronounced outside reveals talent, satirical, cynicism and sarcasm.
Preferable are thick lips then thin lips. Mouth with corners pointing down shows deep thought and melancholy.
Bony chin shows firmness, if squared points to a strength character and little anger.
Right chin reveals a cold and selfish person. When cheeks are protruding it shows avarice. Sharp chin shows selfishness and when it’s sharp and small this individual has an interest in being praised.
Round and protruding chin shows strength, determination, wisdom, prudence and material instinct. These people inspire confidence through their easy and nice attitude.
Round dimple chin shows taste for business along with caution and discretion. Long squared chin shows a lawman or a good financial intermediary business. If this man has small and tight lips he shows no mercy, he is relentless.
Square chin with dimples shows firminess, stubborn and hot temper. The dimple always increases the ardor and affection. Double chin and big cheeks reveals great joy, attraction for good food and sensual pleasures. These qualities are more pronounced in those with large jaws.
You may also like: Chinese face reading